Wednesday, March 17, 2010

TWO years old!!!

Stephie had a fantastic 2nd birthday! First, she met up with Mommy, Gigi, and Grandma Julie at Egg Harbor for lunch. They brought her a whipped-cream covered birthday pancake to celebrate.Extra jell-ay, please.
Stephie got some really great presents, including a baby changing table. Great practice; we have a feeling it may come in handy soon.
Mommy and Daddy gave Stephie a scooter. Extra dangerous!Stephie's birthday dinner table......and an Elmo cake!
Everyone wore their party hats from last year. Stephie preferred EVERYONE'S hat to Grandpa Allen's, much to his dismay.
Check out Stephie's birthday flair.
Stephie blew out her candle like a big girl!
Finally, here is Stephie's birthday poem written by Grandma Julie. Happy 2nd birthday, Stephie!!!

TWO


When I turned one I couldn't walk,
I couldn't dance, I couldn't talk.
But now that I am turning two,
Just look and see what I can do.

My parents think that I am funny,
My disposition's very sunny,
My grandpas think that I'm a treasure,
The best kid yet, by any measure.

I know my numbers one to ten.
I write with crayons, chalk, and pen.
My ABC's I'm learning too
And colors aqua, tan and blue.

I now weigh over thirty pounds.
It feels much heavier than it sounds.
But Daddy's strong, he doesn't care.
He lifts me high up in the air.

I ride his shoulders way up high.
I laugh so hard, I'll tell you why.
He makes me feel so very tall,
Which is so nice when you are small.

My mommy sees that I am fed,
She gets me dressed, puts me to bed.
She comforts me each time I fall
And answers me each time I call.

I use the stairs which I climb up.
I use a spoon, I use a cup.
I like to eat in a big chair.
I now wear bows 'cause I have hair.

My favorite vegetable's broccoli,
And grapes taste very good to me,
And sweet potatoes cut in strips,
For breakfast, I like Wheetabix.

I now can use my potty seat,
And when I'm done I get a treat,
Which I pick out from a display,
A big decision every day.

Potato head is fun to do,
And Little People are fun too.
I love my puzzle with the rhymes.
I do it many, many times.

But PlayDoh is my favorite toy,
And making balls, my greatest joy.
Momma, Daddy, Jewie play,
And make the balls many times each day.

And when my grandmas come to stay,
I know what thing I want to play.
It's balls with Gigi, Mimi too
As many times as they will do.

To Daddy's work I took a train,
And to Jamaica took a plane.
I took a boat out on the sea,
And Elmo and Abby played with me.

Bozena takes me out for fun,
To gym class where I get to run.
To music class where I can sing.
And play with bells that I can ring.

I've many friends like Ava, Cami,
Richie,big Luke, little Sammy,
In the library we play with trains,
When it gets dark, or when it rains.

I love the playround where I slide,
And swing and climb, and run and hide.
"I do it." is my favorite phrase.
I want to help myself these days.

I know what people say to me.
I'm talking now so they can see,
How smart I am 'cause when I play,
I'm learning new words every day.

I've learned to quack and neigh and moo.
I can say sock and shirt and shoe.
I can say Stephie, East Road too,
And all the animals in the zoo.

I sleep now in my big-girl bed,
A pillow underneath my head,
With Bob and Duck and big Shamu,
And baby Brie and Bingo too.

Of course I think that Bingo's best.
I love him better than the rest.
He comforts me when I am sad,
I hold him close, he makes me glad.

Now that Haley's on her way,
I'll be a big sister any day.
I'll teach her all the things I know
And play with her and watch her grow.

My parents say don't grow too fast!
We love each day, We'll make it last.
But I can't stop, just wait and see,
'Cause now I'm on my way to three!

6 comments:

Mimi said...

HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY STEPHIE!!!!!
We love you,
Mimi and Poppie

Grandpa Roger said...

Happy Birthday Stephie!!! I love you very much and wish I were there to give you a big hug. I'll be up in a couple weeks so maybe you and I can spend a little time together then.

Love...Grandpa Roger

Aunt Mindy said...

Happy birthday,Stephie!! I'm glad you had such a fun day!!
Miss you and love you very much,
Aunt Mindy

Dawn said...

What a touching poem! Congrats Stephie!

Sophie said...

Happy birthday, Stephie!! Love the Elmo cake. Hope you had a great day!

Grallen said...

Nice job with the poem, Jewie.